Monday, March 06, 2006

The 5 Stages of South Dakota


The Kübler-Ross model describes, in five stages, the process by which people deal with grief and tragedy.

I humbly submit the Vargo model of the 5 stages of driving through South Dakota:

1. Denial – “There is no possible way I can still be in South Dakota.”

2. Anger
– “If I ever go on a killing spree, it's gonna be in fucking South Dakota.”

3. Bargaining
– “I vow to make straight A's, volunteer my time to needy children, and donate a kidney if I can just get the hell out of South Dakota.”

4. Depression
– “I swear I’m going to kill myself in South Dakota.”

5. Acceptance – Now entering Wyoming

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OK, so tell me your trip through Wyoming was any more exciting? Ever been through Nebraska? Kansas? North Dakota? How about Nevada, Idaho or Arizona???

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Home Equity
Home Equity Counter
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.